It is tropical out there, folks. And I'm just not a tropical person.
It ain't in me.
And...since I was featured on Brenda at Cozy Little House's Welcome Wagon Friday....
15 Things About Me
- I have always lived in my same little town...2 stop lights. Small town football is everything.
- I spent every minute I could at my grandma's growing up, who lives right beside my parents on my great-great-great-grandpa's farm that was started in the 1850's and is still standing. My grandma is still living and will be 94 in October. I love her more than words can say and she has had a huge impact on my life and the way I want to live.
- I love family history. LOVE.
- I want my own farm. I want an old farmhouse to renovate. (I know...don't we all?)
- I have slight OCD...meaning that some things just bother me. I have to have a plan and organization. I actually have to lay my towels out the nights before work. Mmmmhmmm.
- I love animals. The furry kind. Dogs, cats, horses, cows, pigs (they have some hair), goats, donkeys.
- I have a gun and I know how to use it. I started deer hunting in 4th grade with my dad. I haven't missed a year.
- I love my parents. I have two of the coolest parents in the world. My mom is my best friend, and my dad, I adore.
- I love my family. I have a crazy, wonderful family. And although we have our share of up's and down's, you know they're always there for you.
- I work in a school system. I am a superintendent's secretary. I love my job.
- I am a strong believer in God. I don't go to church every Sunday, but I believe in the power of prayer and hope and faith. I've said my prayers every night ever since I can remember. "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take." Followed by my God Bless list and my own personal prayer to God. I also talk routinely to my Grandpa and a few other close friends I have lost. And I know they hear me.
- I know how to use tools. My dad used to be a contractor. He completely remodeled our house (we always lived in the same one and they still live in it) that we got new throughout my childhood. I learned how to use the tools beside him and if I absolutely had to, I think I could do just about anything inside a house...minus electricity...it just scares me.
- I love music. All kinds of music. Mostly country and 60s rock. I can associate almost any song with a part of my life.
- I appreciate football as much as any man. (Go Bucks and Go Bengals!)
- I'm simple, I'm stubborn. I'm sarcastic. A text message junkie. I have an obsession with shampoo and conditioner. I have freckles. I believe in ghosts and I cling to the past.
I psyched you out on that last one, didn't I? :)
Thanks for visiting.
It's very nice to meet you! I'm visitin' from Brenda's! Enjoy your day! ♥
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you! I followed Brenda's lead to your sweet blog :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Gail
I am here by way of Brenda as well.
ReplyDeleteI am as well from Ohio.....Granville
I love your list. A
lot of it sounds like what I would write.
So so sorry about your pets. We lost our beloved Springer Spaniel in
November. Our hearts were broken. We now have a new Springer that looks so much like our older one.
Both were found at the pound.
I will follow you.....love knowing that we are both from Ohio. ((((HUGS)))))
I am also here vis Brenda....it is nice to meet you! You sound like my kind of blogger! :):) I envy you....having those special special people in your life for so very long....what a precious gift! And you know that......not many do. Nice to meet you...come by and say hello sometime! Sandy @ http://521lakestreet-sandy.blgospot.com. I am a woman who feels really misplaced right now where she living! :):)
ReplyDeleteSo nice to meet you! I'm glad you listed the 15 things about yourself, I feel I know you better. We have a lot of things in common, including freckles, which I used to hate. Never shot a gun though, I'm already half deaf! lol! And...family IS everything! :-)
ReplyDeletexoxo
Janie
Loved reading your post. I was included today with you for the visit from the Welcome Wagon. What a nice gesture!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pleasure it is to meet you. I see after reading your list of "things about me" that we have lots in common. Love your plaid blog design...so pretty.
ReplyDeleteMaureen