Monday, September 27, 2010

A typical weekend.

It is officially Fall. Our annual Apple Festival is over and this is when and how it typically hits us. Cool, rainy.

I love weekends. I usually spend Saturday at my parents. H works weekends so I usually spend the morning and afternoon with them until he gets off. I usually get up around 7:30-8:00 a.m. on weekends and slip on my housecoat. I used to be able to sleep the whole weekend away, but not anymore. I used to be able to sleep in until 8:30 or 9:00 until these two came around.


This is after their morning tirade. Oh yes, they've moved since the last time you saw them, but they still always go back to the same spot on the couch.

So, anyways, on to Fall...I've been munching on autumn granola this week after I got the recipe from Prairie Pastimes...so delicious. And it made the house smell amazing...just like Fall! I set with the bowl in my lap and a spoon and a glass of milk for breakfast.


Then I make the half-hour drive to my parents house. I love their house in Fall. They have trees everywhere which means LEAVES everywhere.

I love the leaves in Fall. The colors...


the smells...


the crunching under your feet.


I love being able to wear my old Justin boots again.

I love the colors of Fall. The vibrant colors and the drab colors.



I love coming across things that I have absolutely no idea what they are, but are still beautiful.




"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. -John Muir



While I'm at my parents, I usually take a ride on the four-wheeler around my grandparents' farm. I always visit my almost-94-year-old Grandma that's "doing just fine for an old woman, thankyouverymuch."



I usually look at the fields. The soy beans are done, and some had been cut for the year.




And this is the farm. Some 160 years later. What a view. Isn't she a beauty?

1 comment:

  1. hi~

    i love this post! your pictures are beautiful! thank you soo much for mentioning my blog in this post! how sweet of you! i hope you liked the granola! i love autumn and this week has been gorgeous for autumn weather. i've been finishing up some things in the yard and garden and loving it! happy happy autumn to you!

    peggy

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. :)