Monday, January 24, 2011

Droid Vs. iPhone

I switched from my trusty old iPhone to HTC Incredible Droid.

(This is where you start throwing stones.)

I had to switch from AT&T because I got 1 bar of Edge and sometimes nothing at my house. After complaining and complaining to AT&T, they researched to see if there were going to be any towers built anytime soon near my house (the closest tower was 10 miles). Nope. So then they wanted to put this little device in my house for $150 (um, no?). After they discovered I had neither broadband or DSL (duh, not available yet...oh yeah, we still have dial-up.), they decided to let me out of a contract.

I have some "cling-y" issues. I had been with AT&T since Fall 1999 when I started college...so AT&T and I go WAY back. And let me tell you, I've spent some money with them. They've always worked with me pretty well on upgrading phones and such and I will dearly miss them.

I switched to Verizon. I now have 3G from my couch...3 bars of it. My reception is great. When I first turned on the Droid, I thought...OMG, what have I done? But honestly, I never was all the way sold on iPhone. If I lived in a bigger city, where some of the applications might've worked better for me (ShopSavvy, etc.), I might've been a little more lenient, but no. So now I'm with Droid, and I'm still trying to figure it out. I have to give kudos to iPhone...it is more user-friendly, but hands down...I like Verizon way better. I'll let you know how much better when I get my bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. :)