Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Another one gone.

My Uncle Lonnie passed away on Monday. There are only 3 of the 6 boys left. My dad, the baby, being one of them.
L to R: Lonnie, Gerald (passed), and my dad
I'm editing this out for personal privacy.

Lonnie, age 77, passed away Monday November 1, 2010. He was born in Oak Hill Ohio February 13, 1933 to the late [Grandma and Grandpa].

He is survived by wife, son, daughter; four grandchildren; seven great grandchildren; three brothers.

In addition to his parents he is preceded in death by two brothers, Gerald and Bobby.
Funeral service Wednesday November 3, 2010 at 1:00 p.m. with [Rev.] officiating. Burial will follow in Bethel Cemetery. Friends may call 11:00 till the time of the funeral at 1:00 on Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Uncle. It is so sad when members of another generation pass on. There are only about half of my parent's generations relatives still alive. I even still miss the generation before them...great aunts and uncles, till this day. I think about them, reminisce with pictures, and hold on to sweet memories.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention what a wonderful photograph you posted. I used to love to wear overalls in the 70's. They had a surge in fashion back then, even in the big cities. I don't see that many people wearing them nowadays. Pity, I always felt so comfortable in them. My daughter likes to wear the shorts version of them, but darling son doesn't like to wear them.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen, I know what you mean. We were always so close to my grandparents' siblings.

    I can't stand to wear the overalls. They pull down on my shoulders so much and make my shoulders and neck hurt. But when I was little, I was always in OshKosh!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. :)