Part of Speech: noun
Definition: spirit of giving
Synonyms: all heart, goodness, heart, hospitality, kindness, nobleness, openhandedness, unselfishness
Have you ever just wanted to give up on something? Say there's nothing else I can do, I've done all I can? All I can do is stay away from it. Then someone out of the blue comes into your life that you thought was there for all the wrong reasons, for trouble, and you just have that all around eerie feeling?
Then they are so nice to you and you realize it is genuine? I haven't had that feeling for quite some time. Until this morning, when I received this. Out of nowhere.
I was so not ready to decorate for Christmas. So not ready for Christmas period. And there will be a post to follow at an undetermined time that explains why. But this...was completely selfless. And it couldn't have come at a better time. So thank you, my friend.
This picture was from my iPhone, and it does the arrangement absolutely no justice. I can't wait to get a small set of lights and put in the vase and light it up. I still have my Harvest decorations up...but it will be on me before I know it, and I can't wait to see this with my other Christmas decor.
Sometimes, I lose faith in the human race. I see some of you on your blogs and I know you are all good people...but I'm so far away from you...and I haven't really developed friendships with you all. I have good friends. But sometimes I'm at a loss. Sometimes there are things that I just can't tell my good friends. Sometimes there are things in my life that these friends just wouldn't understand. It would honestly just make their heads spin, truth be told. But then there is an act like this, so generous, that restores my faith that there are good people in this world and they are around me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Be nice. :)